Tuesday 31 March 2015

New Zealand - The Last Few days

We had a great weekend in Auckland with my niece, Katie, and her family, walking around the city, dining out, but mainly just chatting. 

On Monday we headed out of downtown Auckland to a suburban motel nearer to the airport. I had a couple of part days at the NZ Archives, which is very close to the airport, and Marlene did some last minute shopping....mainly for chocolate and candy. 

Yesterday we discovered the Auckland Botanical Gardens and Totara Park, a large expanse of trees, plants, and native bush, which we explored at length. 

This morning we drove to Howick, once a small village but now part of the Auckland mega city, where we had one last latte and a wander around the shops.  Then it was back to the Botanical Gardens for lunch and another walk. 

Today I met the girl of my dreams....she has very skinny legs and a large nose, but once you get passed that she is perfect. But Marlene told me that I couldn't have them both, so after much thought I left my dream girl on a park bench and we headed to the airport. 

Me And My Dream Girl

So here we are, with three hours until our flight, sitting at our departure gate with all the other people paranoid about missing their flight. The instructions for our flight on the departure board say to relax, but I don't think that Marlene will be doing much of that, knowing that she will see the grand kids tomorrow. 

Although we will be back in Canada tomorrow, it will be a few more weeks before we are back home.  But more on that later.....



No comments:

Post a Comment