Friday 28 February 2014

Back in Wellington

We had an early start on Tuesday morning, to drive 28 Km to Dunedin airport from downtown, fill the rental car's gas tank, drop off the rental car and make our 9:10 AM flight to Wellington.  

Our 13 day visit to the south of the South Island had taken us in a 1900 Km clockwise loop and we were back where we started. The car was still in one piece and we are all still speaking to each other so we can declare the holiday a success. 

The flight home was uneventful, and after taking the Flyer bus to Petone and a taxi from there, we were back at Margaret's by lunchtime. 

We have had a couple of nice warm days since arriving back in Wellington, and today is warm but windy after a very blustery night. 

When we visited Noeline this week, she told me that I have a good-sized corporation, which I initially assumed was just Noeline being muddled, but eventually figured out that she was talking about my stomach. Back at Margaret's I googled the word "corporation" and learned that it is an old word for paunch. Who would have thunk?  So now I am not just eating for one, I have to feed the corporation. 

Today we visited the Lower Hutt Farmers' Market to pick up the week's vegetables and fruit, and then went for a walk and coffee with some of Margaret's friends. 


Tonight Marlene and I are going to see "The Railwayman" at the local movie theatre and then out for dinner, as Margaret is having dinner out with some friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment